Flestir á Vesturlöndum kannast bara við eitt stríð og það er stríðið við aukakílóin. Þetta á meira að segja við um þau sem eru nú þegar í góðu formi þar sem að þau vilja skafa af sér aukagrömmin.
En þetta er erfitt stríð fyrir þau sem eru búin að safna miklu utan á sig og það er auðvelt að gefast upp.
Það er því gott að hafa góðar fyrirmyndir og hér eru 25 manneskjur sem náðu að yfirstíga hindranirnar og sigra í stríðinu við aukakílóin.
23. “Wifey and I dropped almost 300 lbs in the last year and a half.”
22. „Face progress: I ran into an old college friend today who literally refused to believe it was me because I am ‘unrecognizable’.„
21. „I can’t believe how different the same shirt looks.“
20. „I’ve lost over 160 lbs since 2014 and I run in my third ultra-marathon in 23 days!“
19. „It’s been a rough year and I still have a ways to go – but I can’t believe how far I’ve come already!“
18. „Over 4 years of weight loss and I can say I’ve gone from 320 lbs to 171 lbs as of today! „
17. „My sister has been amazing this year and I’m so proud of her!“
16. „From 210 lbs to 137 lbs“
15. „My mom found an old picture of me… It’s been a year and 100 lbs lost. I’m feeling great!“
14. „Lost 110 lbs in 18 months after a rugby injury, started rowing for my university, and got my Masters in mathematics…“
13. „This is my final form: healthy! I lost 182 lbs!“
12. „The picture on the left is from a year ago. The picture on the right is from today. I met my weight loss goal, but I plan to keep it up!“
11. „Lost 75 lbs and still going!“
10. „I lost 102 lbs. It’s still a work in progress, but it feels like I’m looking at a different person some days.“
9. „From after one year of dating to 2 months before we got married 2 years later. She has lost 30 lbs and I have lost 100 lbs.“
8. „Lost 70 lbs in 6 months. Can I have pizza now?!“
7. „Today I reached my goal weight! Over the last 7 years, I’ve literally lost a whole person – a total of 207 lbs. Now I can run, do CrossFit, and I’m actually living my life!“
6. „From the worst part of my life, where I was eating and drinking my feelings. To my lowest weight, where I became obsessed with the number on the scale. To my happy medium after I found weight lifting and a flexible diet.“
5. From 282 lbs to 187 lbs. The difference is obvious.
4. „The first year of my new life. I have never felt as good as I do right now!“
3. „Cut back on junk food, started exercising regularly, and eating healthy. Feel better than ever!“
2. From 211 lbs to 150 lbs. This weight loss journey included cardio and cutting carbs.
1. „The left picture was from 2010, the right was from 2013. Managed to keep the weight off for 7 years now!“